1 (5oz) can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
12 ounces penne pasta, al dente
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons capers
½ cup kalamata olives, halved
1 lemon, zest only
Black pepper, to taste
Fresh Parsley, garnish
- Cook penne pasta in salted water until it’s al dente. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water and drain pasta. Rinse penne pasta with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil along with garlic, red pepper flakes, and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tomatoes start to lose some of their juice, but aren’t broken down completely.
- Add capers and olives and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked penne to the skillet along with ½ cup of pasta water. Stir to combine. The skillet should have a light sauce coating everything. If it seems too dry, add more pasta water by the ¼ cup. If it seems too watery, simmer for a minute or two to thicken.
- Right before serving, add lemon zest to the skillet along with flaked tuna. Toss to combine but try not to stir too much once you add the tuna so it stays in chunks. Season with black pepper.
- Serve penne puttanesca immediately garnished with fresh parsley!