Watercress Pesto made using a simple and easy to follow pesto recipe. Delicious served over seared salmon and red quinoa and about as healthy as it gets!
1) To start pesto, add nuts to a dry skillet over medium-low heat and toast until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times until roughly ground.
3) Add other pesto ingredients to the food processor and process until an even consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
4) For salmon, cut into four even servings or cook as one piece and cut up later. Season with salt and pepper. In an oven-safe skillet, add a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add salmon, skin-side up and sear the salmon for 3 minutes.
5) Flip salmon and transfer to a 350 degree F. oven. Cook for 8 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through. You might need an extra minute or two if you’re cooking the salmon as one whole filet.
6) Serve salmon over red quinoa or brown rice with a good amount of the watercress pesto.