A light and colorful orzo salad packed with veggies, feta, and homemade turkey meatballs. Great for dinner or lunch!
1 pound lean turkey
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
8 oz. orzo pasta
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 bell peppers, various colors
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4-6 oz. feta cheese, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil, garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together turkey with dried basil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Make very small meatballs with the mixture.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to form an even layer of oil on the skillet. Once it’s shimmering hot, add the turkey meatballs. Cook for 6-7 minutes total, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through.
- Remove meatballs from the skillet. If skillet is very dry, add another drizzle of olive oil. Add bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use the moisture from the peppers to scrape up any bits on the pan. Remove from heat while they still have a little crunch to them.
- Cook orzo according to package in boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss with about a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Toss together orzo with meatballs, cooked peppers, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, and fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or store in the fridge for a day or two. It’s great cold as well.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-ff8.