Tempeh Scramble is a quick and delicious Tex-Mex dish made with browned tempeh and loaded with veggies and cheese. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
1) Crumble tempeh and dice all your veggies. Dice veggies fine.
2) Add the small amount of vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet and get it hot over medium-high heat.
3) Add the tempeh and cook until it’s well browned, about 5-6 minutes.
4) Stir in veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two until veggies are soft.
5) Scramble eggs and add eggs to skillet. Stir vigorously so eggs mix with other ingredients. Cook until eggs are almost all cooked, probably just a minute or two.
6) Add on grated cheese and cover skillet with a plate. Turn heat down to low. The steam will melt the cheese.
7) Serve scramble with warm tortillas, cilantro, salsa and avocado!