For basil syrup:
1) Combine ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a slight simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2) Simmer for 2 minutes. Kill the heat and let sit until cool.
3) Strain and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
1) Add ice to a small cocktail glass.
2) Combine gin, basil syrup, and fresh squeezed lime juice in a shaker with lots of ice and shake for 20-30 seconds until very chilled.
3) Strain into fresh ice and garnish with cucumber slices and small basil leaves.