The key to a perfect pork burger is getting a good fatty shoulder and grinding it yourself. You’ll need a good hard roll also!
1) To make the chutney, pulse the fennel bulb and orange segments in a food processor until they are finely chopped. If you don’t have a processor you can just chop them finely.
2) Combine the fennel and orange with the other chutney ingredients and simmer for about 45 minutes until the mixture is thick.
3) Once it’s done, set it aside to top your burgers with later!
4) To make the burgers, chop your pork butt into a few large pieces and then pulse in a food processor with fennel seeds and garlic. Also, if there are any large pieces of fat on the pork shoulder, cut them off and process them before the rest of the meat so it’s finer and more integrated into the meat.
5) Once your meat is chopped (you can also get your butcher to grind the meat), form about 4 ounce patties and put a large thumb impression in the center of each burger. Season well with salt and pepper.
6) Grill the burgers on a hot grill or in a hot cast iron skillet for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
7) Grill or toast the buns and serve each burger with a good amount of chutney.