Perfect for summer with fresh sweet corn and zucchini and just enough spice! Easy to cook in a skillet or on a grill!
1) Peel, cube, and boil sweet potatoes until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain and then cook quinoa according to package. I like to boil mine until it’s just starting to get tender. Then I drain it and return it to the pot, covered, off the heat, and let it steam for 5 minutes.
2) In a food processor, grate onion and zucchini. Remove from food processor and stir together with corn. Set aside.
3) Add mint and Serrano pepper to food processor and pulse until finely diced. Then add cooked quinoa, sweet potato, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until mixture is in a rough paste.
4) Fold that mixture in with the grated veggies and stir to combine. Shape mixture into 6 large patties. You can make these well in advance.
5) In a large skillet or on a grill over medium-high heat, cook veggie burgers with a drizzle of olive oil for 5-6 minutes per side until they are crispy around the edges.
Serve veggie burgers on lettuce or bun with a dollop of greek yogurt and sprouts!