1) Rinse spinach and chop off any large stems. Mince garlic. Drain and roughly chop artichoke hearts.
2) Cook fusilli pasta in salted water according to directions until al dente. Be sure not to overcook pasta or the dish will be soggy.
3) In a Dutch oven or heavy large pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Then add garlic and cook for a minute. Add rinsed spinach and stir to wilt spinach. Once spinach is wilted, remove it.
4) Add other three tablespoons olive oil and artichokes. Cook until they get some color on them, 3-4 minutes. Then scoot artichokes to one side of the pan and stir in flour to the oil. Cook for a minute.
5) Slowly whisk in milk until the a sauce is formed. Let the sauce come to a slight simmer, stirring regularly, and let it thicken.
6) Add in ricotta cheese, cooked fusilli, and wilted spinach. Season the pasta well with salt and pepper. Serve pasta immediately with spicy crunchy breadcrumbs.
For breadcrumbs: Heat butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Once melted, add breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until breadcrumbs start to brown. Season with red pepper flakes and remove from heat when breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Watch them closely as they can burn easily.