This pizza is loaded with toppings and cheese and cooked in a carbon steel skillet for a perfect, crispy crust.
Dough: (Add 90 minutes to prep time)
1) Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then slowly add water and melted butter until the dough ball comes together. Knead this for 8-10 minutes until the dough is glossy and smooth. Alternatively, in a mixer, beat dough for 5-6 minutes with the dough hook on medium.
2) Let ball of dough rise in a lightly oiled bowl for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
4) Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to roughly a 16 by 12 rectangle.
5) Spread on softened butter leaving about 1/2 inch around the edges of the dough.
6) Roll up the dough like a cigar. Fold dough over itself into thirds. Pinch the seams around the dough to form a ball.
7) Let dough rise a second time in your fridge for 60 minutes.
Stir together ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. Feel free to adjust flavors to your liking.
To make the pizza:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Roll dough ball into about a 15 inch diameter circle.
3) Add pizza dough to a 12-inch cast iron or carbon steel skillet. Work the dough up the sides and make a crust. Mush the dough into all the corners of the pan and crimp it around the edges.
4) Add sliced mozzarella cheese to the bottom, followed by your marinara sauce. You can add all the sauce for a very saucy pie, or 1/2-2/3 of it if you want a less saucy pizza.
5) Add small chunks of sweet Italian sausage (uncooked), sliced peppers, sliced onions, and grated Asiago cheese. Season the pizza with salt and pepper.
6) Bake at 375 degrees F. for 55-60 minutes. Let cooked pizza rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.