This is a simple and economical meal option made with savoy cabbage stew that takes less than thirty minutes to make and feeds a crowd.
1 small white or yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
3-4 cups chopped savoy cabbage (about 1 small head of cabbage)
2 bay leaves
2 cups vegetable stock
1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Crusty bread, for serving
1) Chop and rinse cabbage under cold water.
2) In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until veggies start to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add in diced tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
4) Add in chopped cabbage and bay leaves. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, covered, until cabbage is tender.
5) Remove bay leaves and add in rinsed beans. Season stew with a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Serve the stew immediately with really crusty bread.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-9dq.