This is a simple and economical meal option made with savoy cabbage stew that takes less than thirty minutes to make and feeds a crowd.
1) Chop and rinse cabbage under cold water.
2) In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until veggies start to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add in diced tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
4) Add in chopped cabbage and bay leaves. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, covered, until cabbage is tender.
5) Remove bay leaves and add in rinsed beans. Season stew with a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Serve the stew immediately with really crusty bread.