This warming hash couldn’t be easier. Toss everything on a sheet pan (keep it chunky) with some chorizo and bake it off. Served with a few eggs and brunch is done!
2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
14-16 ounces chorizo
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Smoked paprika, garnish
Fresh cilantro, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and chop into about 1-inch chunks. Chop green peppers and onion as well and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread veggies out on a baking sheet and then top with chorizo in pieces, kind of like freeform meatballs.
- Bake hash for 30 minutes, then stir and bake for another 10 minutes until the chorizo is cooked through, potatoes are tender, and some browning is happening.
- When hash is nearly done cooking, cook eggs any way you like. I prefer sunny-side up in a little olive oil.
- Serve a big bowl of the has with an egg and garnish with smoked paprika and fresh cilantro.