Flavorful roasted pearl onions and and lots of other good flavors make this a great holiday (or game day) appetizer, a sure-fire hit!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss pearl onions with olive oil, a big pinch of salt, and a big pinch of ground pepper. Spread onions out on a baking sheet.
2) Bake onions for about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
3) Let onions cool completely and then peel them by cutting off the root end of the onion and pushing out the sweet inner roasted onion, leaving just the paper layer. Don’t stress to much if an extra layer sticks to the paper layer.
4) Add peeled onions to a small food processor and pulse a few times until roughly chopped. You can also chop them by hand obviously. You want some texture in the onions.
5) Add pulsed onions to a bowl with yogurt, mascarpone cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, and a dash of hot sauce. Stir together well.
6) While you can serve the dip immediately, it’s best to let it chill for a few hours in the fridge.
7) Before serving, garnish dip with fresh chives and lemon zest and serve with crackers on the side.