A delicious and simple syrup made from reduced red wine. This syrup is great for dipping and makes a perfect addition to a cheese tray!
1) Add sugar and red wine to a pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring regularly for about 30 minutes over medium-low heat.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together guar gum with some sugar.
3) While vigorously whisking syrup, slowly add guar gum mixture. Whisk the syrup constantly for 5 minutes until guar gum is well dissolved.
4) Continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes until the mixture is very thick. When foam or bubbles form, they should stay at he surface briefly even if you remove the pot from the heat.
5) Remove the syrup from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Once it’s cooled slightly, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slowly.
6) If you notice that the syrup is getting to thick and starts to actually gel, stir in another tablespoon of red wine to loosen it up.
7) Once syrup is thick and room temperature, pour it over hard cheese or dip cheese in the syrup.