Fluffy egg whites with a slightly runny yolk baked right in.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Separate eggs into whites and yolks. Do this one at a time. If you get even a single drop of yolk into the whites, you’ll have to start over as the whites won’t whip correctly with fat in them.
3) Add cold whites to a bowl of a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer or even a whisk). Beat for a minute with a whisk attachment on medium speed. Then add the tartar, turn speed up to medium high, and continue to beat until the whites hold firm peaks, probably another 4-5 minutes.
4) In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, use a spoon to scoop meringue into the skillet, making little nests out of the meringue – one for each egg.
5) Transfer hot skillet to oven and bake for five minutes.
6) Remove skillet and carefully roll a yolk into each nest. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes depending on how done you want the yolks cooked.
7) Remove from oven and season with a pinch of salt. Garnish with fresh chives and hot sauce and serve while hot.