This is my favorite way to jazz up roasted potatoes. Smash the potatoes and coat them with parmesan cheese! The cheese forms a crispy crust on the potatoes. So delicious and easy!
1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil new potatoes for 15 minutes until they are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and let them cool slightly. Then use a cup to smash each potato. Add smashed potatoes to a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Sprinkle smashed potatoes liberally with the seasoning mix.
- Bake potatoes at 400˚F for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and flip them. Sprinkle the potatoes liberally with parmesan cheese.
- Return smashed potatoes to the oven and bake a second time for 15-18 minutes until the potatoes are crispy around the edges.
Serve potatoes as a side dish with any grilled or roasted protein.