This is one of the most flavorful stews you’ll make this year and everything just goes in one pot! Perfect for winter and Gluten free!
1) Shape ground chorizo into small spoon-sized meatballs. In a large pot or Dutch oven, add olive oil over medium heat. Add chorizo meatballs and cook until browned well on all sides, about 8 minutes turning occasionally.
2) Remove meatballs (leaving any grease in the pot) and add chopped yams and onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes until veggies are soft and possibly browned in spots. Add minced garlic and stir together and cook for 30 seconds.
3) Add drained and rinsed beans, fresh thyme and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes covered.
4) Remove about a cup of the beans and yams from the pot and mash them well to form a paste. Stir that back into the stew to thicken it. Add meatballs back into the pot.
5) Add rinsed spinach to the pot and cook for another minute or two until spinach is wilted. Season stew with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.