1) Pour the milk into a medium-large saucepan. Bring to 120 degrees. And look. I don’t have a thermometer. I guessed. You want it to feel slightly warm since your body is at 98 degrees. Just go slow and stir continuously.
2) When it gets to that temp, take it off the heat and stir in the vinegar. It should start to separate.
3) Once everything is stirred together, put on the lid and let it sit for 30 minutes. You want to give the curds plenty of time to cool a bit and also firm up.
4) Pour the curds and whey through a colander lined with cheesecloth or a fine clean towel. Gather up the corners of the towel and press the whey out (lightly). Don’t show off your muscles here brother, just a light press will work.
5) Now the key part. Turn on the cold water and start rinsing off the curds. Keep the towel wrapped tightly around the curd but slowly roll it around. You have three goals here: 1) wash off the vinegar, 2) break up the curds, and 3) cool it off. Spend a few minutes on this. You can’t over wash it.
6) Now put your curds in a bowl and add your Half and Half. Stir it together well making sure your curds are broken apart. I would taste it now before you salt it. It is pretty salty as is. I added just a few small pinches of kosher salt.