Mushroom burgers are the most meaty veggie burger that you’ll find. All you really need for these delicious burgers is a bunch of mushrooms!
1) Wash and dice cremini mushrooms. Add dried mushrooms to a few cups of boiling water to reconstitute.
2) Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add diced mushrooms. Add diced dried mushrooms as well once reconstituted. Let mushrooms cook until they release their liquid and dry out a bit, about 7-8 minutes, stirring regularly. Add onions and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
3) Remove mushroom mixture from pan and add to food processor. Pulse a few times to roughly grind mushrooms. You don’t want them completely smooth, but like a very rough paste.
4) Stir in eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, and other ingredients. The finished mixture should be wet, but not liquid. It should roughly hold its shape. If it is really wet, add more breadcrumbs or flour in 1/4 cup batches.
5) Sprinkle two cups of breadcrumbs in a large baking dish. Form six large patties with mushroom mixture. As you form the patties, place them in the breadcrumbs and turn them to completely coat each patty in breadcrumbs, forming a crust.
6) Once all the patties are formed and in the breadcrumb mixture, let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7) Grill burgers over high heat for 5-6 minutes per side until the outside is nice and crispy. Add swiss cheese if you want during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
8) Serve with normal burger fixings on grilled buns.