The fail-proof way to make magnificent meatloaf at home!
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) To make the glaze, combine all ingredients well. Taste it and adjust to your liking. It should be pretty strong if you are tasting it by itself.
3) For all the vegetables, be sure to mince them very finely. If you have a food processor, it’s easiest to pulse them a few times in that.
4) Add a small drizzle of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, peppers, and garlic to the pan and cook until veggies soften, just a few minutes.
5) Once veggies are cooked, add them to a large bowl with all the other meatloaf ingredients. Use your hands to really mix everything together well.
6) Pack the meatloaf into a 9×5 loaf pan. Then invert the pan on a baking sheet (I like to line mine with parchment for easy cleanup).
7) Bake the meatloaf free-form for 15 minutes, then remove it and coat it with some glaze every 15-20 minutes. The meatloaf will need to bake for 60-70 minutes to be cooked through.
8) Let the meatloaf cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve it with extra glaze on the side!