1) Cut 8 thick slices of French bread. Stale bread works best.
2) In a large dish, stir together milk, eggs, whiskey, sugar, almond extract, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
3) Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium-high heat. Once melted, add bread slices to the mixed custard mixture. Let rest for a few seconds and flip.
4) Move bread slices straight from custard to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned.
5) Serve French toast immediately with powdered sugar, maple syrup and adult whipped cream.
For whipped cream, stir together the ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (cold works best). Whisk until the mixture holds stiff peaks. Chill until needed. You can also use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment for this.