This simple jalapeno popper cheese ball is jam-packed with fantastic flavors including roasting jalapenos and bacon. Yea… bacon!
1) Lay out bacon on a wire rack or baking sheet. If you can fit it, you can put the jalapenos on the same sheet or just stick them on a smaller sheet. Bake the bacon and jalapenos at 375 degrees F. until bacon is crispy and jalapenos are blistered, about 15-20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, mash together cheeses, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3) Dice 1/2 of a fresh jalapenos and mix it together with chopped pecans. When bacon is done and crispy, stir in one strip of crispy chopped bacon to the pecan mixture also.
4) Chop rest of bacon and 1-2 of the roasted jalapenos (depending on your heat level) and mash that into the cheese mixture.
5) Use a spoon to make a big ball out of the cheese mixture and then roll it around in the pecan mixture until it’s completely coated.
Serve the cheese ball with crackers. Store extra wrapped tightly in the fridge. Cheese ball can be made a few days in advance without issue.