A simple and easy recipe for hush puppies that is stuffed with jalapenos and lots of Old Bay. These are the perfect side dish.
1) Dice the jalapeno and onion finely.
2) Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in onion and jalapeno and then add egg and buttermilk and stir until combined.
3) Heat about a quart of vegetable or peanut oil to 350 degrees.
4) Scoop large tablespoons of batter and drop them in the hot oil (carefully). Let them fry for about 4-5 minutes until they are golden brown.
5) Remove and let drain on a paper towel for a minute.
6) Serve immediately!