How to poach an egg in the microwave with great results in just a few minutes! The clean-up is easy and you’ll be eating a great breakfast in no time!
1) Crack eggs, one at a time, into a mesh strainer and strain off any very loose clear white liquid from the egg. Transfer egg to a clean bowl.
2) Pour 4 cups water into a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Microwave for 4 minutes on high until the water is steaming hot and nearly boiling.
3) Carefully pour eggs, one at a time, into the hot water. Cover the bowl with a plate and let it rest for 90 seconds.
4) Gently move eggs with a spoon. Microwave for 30 seconds on high.
5) Cover with a plate and rest for another 90 seconds.
6) Test eggs by lifting them out of the water with a spoon. If they are done, the whites will be set and the yolks still give a bit. If they are still uncooked a bit, return them to the hot water and let them cook for another 30 seconds. You might need to even heat them for 15 more seconds in the microwave.
Remove cooked eggs and drain them gently on some paper towels.
Serve eggs on toast or with salt and pepper!