Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole without all of the cans. Fresh ingredients make all the difference in this delicious comfort food classic!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package. If anything, undercook the pasta slightly. Meanwhile, in a large pot, add oil over medium heat. Once hot, add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until mushrooms lose their liquid and start to brown slightly.
2) Add in shallots, garlic, jalapeno, and kale to the pot and continue to cook until veggies are wilted and soft, about 3-4 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
3) Stir flour into the veggie mixture. Cook for a minute. The pan will be very dry at this point.
4) Slowly stir in stock and milk and continue to simmer until the mixture thickens. It should be the consistency of a light gravy.
5) Stir in sour cream, cheddar cheese, thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
6) Fold in flaked tuna, try not to over mix it at this point. Finally fold in noodles and combine everything together.
7) Transfer the casserole mixture to a buttered 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
8) Bake dish at 350 degrees For 20 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Serve while warm! If you need to reheat leftovers, you can do so in the microwave for a few minutes. Add a tablespoon of milk to it when you reheat a portion.