- Peel and grate potatoes and add them to a bowl with cold water. Rinse them a few times to wash off starch. Then try potatoes well with a few paper towels.
- Add dried shredded potatoes to a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and seasonings.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet to medium heat. Add potatoes and spread out in an even layer. Cook for 5 minutes until potatoes start to brown. Then stir and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes until potatoes are cooked through, but crispy in some areas. Add more oil if the skillet seems dry at any point.
- When hash browns are mostly cooked, divide into 4 even mounds. Use a metal mold to make a center well in each mound. Press the hash browns up against the mold so they hold a firm shape. You can use a plastic mold if that’s all you have but remove the hash browns from the skillet first.
- When the hash browns are shaped with a well in the center, crack an egg into each one. Let cook for about 90 seconds until the eggs are mostly set.
- Carefully flip hash browns and eggs and cook for 15 seconds on the second side just to set the eggs.
- Remove hash browns and eggs and garnish with fresh scallions. Serve with bacon or fruit and/or toast!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fi8.