1) Roughly chop marinade ingredients and add to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2) If you using chicken breasts, pound them until they are an even width between two pieces of plastic wrap. You can also just use a whole chicken, cut into pieces.
3) Pour marinade over chicken and rub it in well. Let it sit for at least 6 hours in the fridge. Overnight is even better.
4) Shake off extra marinade from chicken before grilling.
5) Heat grill to medium high and, if you’re using whole chicken, prepare a spot for indirect heat.
6) Cook breasts for about 10 minutes total. Thighs and legs will take much longer, maybe 35-40 minutes. Start them on high heat and then move them to the indirect area to finish cooking.
7) I always recommend checking chicken with a meat thermometer. The thighs should register 170 degrees.
8) Let rest for a few minutes before serving.