Grilled Greek Steak WrapsJump to Recipe
Man oh man do I love these these Grilled Greek Steak Wraps. Normally, I’m inclined to go a Tex-Mex route for grilled steak like this, so this Greek take was a nice change for me.
The steak has a simple marinade, but ends up being really flavorful! Pair that with some grilled veggies, a quick tzatziki sauce, crumbled feta, and fresh herbs all rolled up in a Flatout Flatbread (I like the original light but the Healthy Grain wrap would be good also).
Light up the grill this week and make some easy and quick steak wraps for a healthy, but hearty dinner! The leftovers would go great for lunch the next day also! I’d just keep the fillings and wraps separate until you’re ready to eat so the wrap doesn’t get soggy!
Marinated and grilled skirt steak with loads of grilled veggies and a quick tzatziki sauce. A hearty and delicious wrap!
Quick Tzatziki Sauce:
- To make the sauce, peel, seed, and dice cucumber small. Then stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste the sauce and season it to your liking with salt, pepper, and possibly more lemon. Store in fridge until needed.
- For steak, marinate with olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- For peppers and zucchini, quarter and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak for 5-6 minutes per side until it has a nice char on it. Add peppers and zucchini to the grill as well and grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove steak from the grill and rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin.
- Make a wrap by smearing the flatbread with sauce. Then top with steak, vegetables, crumbled feta, and fresh oregano.
- Wrap up and serve immediately!
Grilled Greek Steak Wraps
I like to use skirt steak for these wraps. It’s relatively heap and does well with a strong marinade like this one. You could also use flank steak, but flank steak is thicker normally so you’ll have to add a few minutes to the grill time.
Besides the steak, I just quarter the veggies and toss them with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Simple and easy for these guys.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. The steak will need 5-6 minutes per side and the veggies probably 3-4 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the veggies. They should still have some crunch to them.
The steak should have a nice char on it but still be medium to medium-rare when sliced.
While the steak grills, you can stir together the quick tzatziki sauce (or make it in advance). I kept this version simple with cucumber, yogurt, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. You could toss in some fresh mint or dill if you wanted!
This was my sliced steak. Looking perfect!
You know what to do from here. Take your wrap, slather on some sauce, and pile in the steak and veggies.
It’s hard to go wrong with these Grilled Greek Steak Wraps. I think you’ll love them and they are perfect for a lazy grilling day party!