1) Cook bacon until crispy using your favorite method. Butter two pieces of bread. Slice or grate the cheese.
2) In a small skillet, add one piece of buttered bread, butter side down. Top with cheese and crumbled bacon. Top with other piece of buttered bread, butter side up.
3) Cook grilled cheese over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, flipping occasionally until bread is browned and cheese is well-melted.
4) Toast other piece of bread. Smear with a tiny bit of mayo. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and turkey. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper if you want.
5) When grilled cheese is done, add entire sandwich to the top of the open-faced part of the sandwich.
6) Slice and serve immediately with pickle spears!