Easy Everything Seasoning Avocado ToastJump to Recipe
Avocado toast is all the rage these days, and possibly with reason. I feel like if you go to any upscale coffee shop or brunch shack in a city, there will be the option to pay a high schooler $11 to put avocado on toast for you. But let’s make it at home and kick it up a notch with this Everything Seasoning Avocado Toast!
This avocado toast might be the perfect breakfast: Healthy, filling, delicious. Having a few fun twists on the classic in your back pocket is a good idea in my book and this Everything Seasoning Avocado Toast is a great one. Plus, if you don’t already have a little jar of everything bagel seasoning in your pantry, this is a good reason to mix it up. You’ll find it’s delicious on SO many things.
There’s not much too this guy: Good bread, ripe ‘cados, perfect eggs, and big pinches of the everything season. Breakfast done!
Everything Seasoning Avocado Toast
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 pieces thick toast
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons butter for toast and eggs
- Mix together seasoning mix for everything seasoning and set aside. This will make more than you need for the toasts, but keep it! It goes great on many savory dishes.
- In a nonstick skillet, lightly butter your bread and place it in the skillet over medium heat. Let it get toasted on one side.
- Remove bread and add a little more butter (1-2 teaspoons). Then crack in eggs and fry either sunny-side up or over easy.
- Divide toast between plates and spread avocado on each. I like to use about 1/2 an avocado on each toast slice. Go heavy on it. Then top each toast with a generous sprinkling of everything seasoning and an egg. Enjoy!
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Everything Seasoning for Avocado Toast
I really love this stuff. It’s such an interesting mix of textures and flavors. If you don’t have all the stuff in the recipe, you can leave one out without too much concern. Then it’s just almost everything seasoning.
Toast is important if you are making avocado toast. If you buy good bread and cut it yourself, you can guarantee a nice thick slice. But, it probably won’t fit in your toaster. So, I like to just rub a little butter on one side and place it in a skillet to get a nice crust on one side.
I don’t actually like to toast both sides so you have one side that’s really crispy and the other side is soft. Your choice though!
Next, you need a really ripe avocado! It should give to a gentle press with your finger and if you pull the stem off the avocado it should be green (brown means it’s probably overripe).
Eggs are important to avocado toast in my opinion, but you make them however you want! I was in a sunny side up mood on this particular day. I just cooked them in a little extra butter.
Go big on the avocado. Half an avocado per toast is good. Then sprinkle on lots of seasoning!
Top with an egg per toast and your everything seasoning avocado toasts are working.
Treat yourself to a delicious and fast breakfast this weekend and try these out!