This pasta dish is perfect comfort food. Simple flavors with sweet Italian sausage, arugula, and grape tomatoes, tossed with pasta and pesto.
3/4 pound tubular pasta, cooked
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage
1/4 cup pesto
1 cup grape tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Pumpkin seeds, garnish (opt.)
- Cook pasta according to instructions. When pasta is al dente, drain pasta and toss pasta with pesto.
- Make small freeform meatballs out of the sweet Italian sausage. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sausage in the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any extra fat in the skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons. Add pesto pasta to the skillet. If it seems dry, add about 1/4 cup of water to the skillet.
- Add in tomatoes and arugula and toss to combine. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add an extra spoonful of pesto if you want more pesto flavor.
- Serve pasta immediately while warm garnished with pumpkin seeds.