This perfect meatloaf is easy to make on the grill so you can keep your oven off during the hot days! The flavors are smoky and delicious! Great served with a simple salad or sliced and made into sandwiches!
1) Preheat grill to medium heat and prepare one section of your grill for low indirect heat. In a large bowl, mix together all meatloaf ingredients. Use your hands to mix them well. Press the meatloaf mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan.
2) Clean and oil your grill (use a paper towel dipped in canola or vegetable oil to rub on the grill grates). Invert the 9×5 loaf pan on the grill over medium heat. Let the meatloaf cook for 6-7 minutes until it’s sizzling and has grill marks.
3) Carefully remove loaf pan. Meatloaf should be freeform standing at this point. Rotate meatloaf and grill for 5 minutes on each side to get grill marks on all sides. It should be sturdy enough to handle, but be gentle with it so it stays together.
4) After grilling on all sides, move meatloaf to indirect heat grilling area. Cover grill and grill meatloaf for another 30-40 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160º F. Turn the meatloaf every 10-15 minutes to avoid burning on one side. During the last 5 minutes of grilling, brush it with glaze.
5) Let meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with extra glaze on the side.