Easy Grilled Lamb BitesJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by Safeway and features their exclusive Open Nature® products. I shop for these products at my local Safeway store.
During the summer, I like to have an array of quick appetizers in my arsenal that are a bit beyond the standard cheese and cracker situation. Heavy hors d’oeuvres is what a caterer or would call them, but I just call them good party food.
These Grilled Lamb Bites are exactly the kind of thing I like to make for a casual summer barbeque. They are easy to make, have just a few ingredients, but are different enough to really show your guests something special.
When I make these I love using Open Nature® Lamb Loin Chops, which are available in my area exclusively at Safeway. They come pre-packaged in the meat section, but you can also get them in the butcher area. I love that they come with the bone-in which means they stay super-tender and are easier to grill without overcooking. Open Nature offers quality products that are minimally processed, non-GMO and free from artificial additives; at a value compared to national brands.
They are melt-in-your-mouth tender after a quick 8-10 minutes on the grill and, honestly, would make a great dinner with a few sides. Slicing them thin and serving them with a quick yogurt sauce and fresh mint brings them solidly into the fancy (but easy) party appetizer world.
I buy my Open Nature products like the ones I used in this post at my local Safeway, but you can also find them exclusively at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit ACMEMarkets.com to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
Grilled Lamb Bites
- 3 Lamb Loin Chops 6 oz each
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt Strained
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Water Crackers for serving
- Fresh mint garnish
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high direct heat. Season lamb loin chops with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat for about 4 minutes per side until the lamb loin chops reach 135 degrees F. in the center (medium-rare). You can cook them longer if you want, but I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure you don’t overcook them.
- Remove lamb chops from the grill and let rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, stir together Greek yogurt with lemon juice and zest, garlic powder, and herbs de Provence.
- After lamb has rested, use a carving knife or sharp knife to carve it off the bone and then slice into thin strips.
- Assemble bites by adding a spoonful of yogurt mixture to a cracker and topping with a slice or two of lamb and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve immediately.
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Grilled Lamb Bites
As I said, you can find these lamb loin chops either packaged or at the butcher section at Safeway. I recommend seasoning them with just salt and pepper to really let the flavor shine.
Then on the grill! They need about four minutes per side to reach medium-rare temperature, which is my preference. You could always use a meat thermometer to ensure they hit the temperature you are going for, of course.
Most importantly, once the chops come off the grill, let them rest for a few minutes so the juices can redistribute in the meat and then slice the up into bite-sized pieces.
The sauce for these bites is a quick yogurt sauce! Easy to mix up and so delicious paired with the lamb.
You could assemble these for people or just put out the fixings on plates and let people help themselves. It’s a fun and different appetizer!
Easy lamb bites will definitely be a hit!