These are made using what I consider to be the perfect french fry method : triple cooking the potatoes in big wedges.
1) Preheat your fry oil to 250-275 degrees F. Cut potatoes into large wedges. You should get 8-10 wedges per potato.
2) Add wedges to boiling water and boil for five minutes. Drain wedges and spread them out so they don’t stick together.
3) Fry wedges in batches at the low temperature for 7 minutes. Drain and repeat with all your wedges.
4) Turn oil temperature up to 350-360 degrees F.
5) When ready to serve, re-fry wedges at the higher temperature for 6-7 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
When wedges come out of the second fry, immediately season them with salt and pepper. Serve with ketchup… or not.