Quick Spanish Rice (optional):
1) Add lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, pepper, and salt to a bowl and mix together. Add pork tenderloins to marinade, cover, and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2) Preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill pork tenderloins for 4-5 minutes per side. The tenderloins will need 15-20 minutes to cook through, depending on thickness. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked through. The thermometer should reach 135 F˚ in the thickest part of the tenderloin.
3) Remove tenderloin and let rest for five minutes. Then slice tenderloin into ½-inch coins.
Serve pork over rice and top with HERDEZ® Roasted Salsa Verde and fresh cilantro.
Cooked pork tenderloin keeps great in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat gently in a 300 F˚ oven until warmed through.
To make quick Spanish rice:
1) In a medium pot, add rice and rinse well with cold water a few times until the water runs clear. Drain off any extra water, then add 1 cup of water and diced tomatoes along with spices.
2) Cover pot and place over medium-high heat. Bring rice to a simmer, stir once to prevent sticking. Turn heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3) Stir rice a second time and test for doneness. If rice is still crunchy but water is absorbed, add another 1/3 cup of water and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until tender. If rice is mostly cooked and not crunchy, remove from heat, cover and let steam for five minutes. Then fluff with a fork.