This simple weeknight pasta dish is really fast to make and has unbelievable flavors. Your family is gonna love it!
20 oz. cheese tortellini, cooked
6-8 oz. bacon
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup sweet peas
Salt and pepper
- Chop bacon and add it to a large skillet (big enough to fit the tortellini later as well) over low heat. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the fat slowly renders out of the bacon and it gets very crispy. Remove bacon from skillet.
- Pour off about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the skillet and transfer to a smaller skillet over low heat. Add breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Cook over low heat, stirring regularly until breadcrumbs are nicely browned. Remove and mix with reserved bacon bits and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package and drain. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water which you may need to thin the sauce later.
- Return larger skillet to low heat and add cream, peas, and parmesan. Stir to combine and add in the drained tortellini.
- Toss tortellini in the sauce and let it thicken on the heat for a minute or two. If it’s very thick and gummy, add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to thin it out.
- Otherwise, once sauce coats the pasta, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve creamy tortellini immediately garnished heavily with “crispies”.