Angel hair pasta is tricky to make without ending up with a mushy mess. Here is my easy way to make perfect angel hair every time!
6 ounces angel hair pasta
2/3 cup marinara sauce
2 teaspoons butter
Parmesan cheese, garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid bowl. Add a tablespoon of kosher salt per gallon of water to salt the water generously.
- Add marinara sauce and butter to a medium skillet over low heat. Swirl together to warm sauce and melt butter.
- Add angel hair pasta and cook for 90 seconds before starting to test. You can probably ignore the timing on the box of pasta.
- When the pasta no longer holds it’s shape when pulled out with tongs and completely falls to gravity, it’s done and ready to transfer. It should still have a small bite to it at this point.
- Pull pasta straight from water and add to skillet with sauce. Toss together with sauce and add enough pasta water so the pasta doesn’t look dry. The sauce should be silky and lightly coat the pasta.
- Simmer pasta and sauce together for one minute.
- Transfer pasta to plates and garnish with parmesan. Serve while warm!