Churro Iced CoffeeJump to Recipe
It’s pretty much impossible for me to make it through summer without iced coffee. The idea of having steaming hot coffee when I know it’s going to be sunny and 95 degrees outside isn’t my favorite idea in the world. But, having a delicious, refreshing iced coffee is more like it.
Recently, I learned about Gevalia’s new Cold Brew Concentrate which makes it possible to customize your own iced coffee at home! They have three flavors available, House Blend, Vanilla, and Caramel. I used the Vanilla version for my Churro Iced Coffee drinks, but the caramel would’ve been delicious also!
Churro Iced Coffee
Vanilla Coffee Ice Cubes:
- 1 cup Gevalia Cold Brew Concentrate Vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Easy Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
Churro Iced Coffee:
- ½ cup Gevalia Cold Brew Concentrate Vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce plus some for rim
- 4-5 Vanilla coffee ice cubes
- Whipped cream topping
- Cinnamon sugar topping
- For ice cubes, combine ingredients and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze until solid. To release cubes cleanly, run the back of the tray under warm water. Use cubes for iced coffee or blend with drink for a whipped cold coffee.
- For caramel sauce, combine ingredients in a small pot over medium-low heat. Stir until ingredients are melted and smooth. Simmer for 6-7 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Then remove from heat and let cool. Mixture will thicken as it cools. For quick cooling, stir mixture over an ice bath.
- To make a Whipped Churro Iced Coffee, add Gevalia Cold Brew Concentrate to a blender with milk, ice, and caramel. Blend until smooth. Rim a glass with caramel sauce and pour in blended coffee. Then top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- To make a plain Churro Iced Coffee, stir together Gevalia Cold Brew Concentrate with milk and caramel sauce until the sauce dissolves. Rim a glass with caramel sauce and add a few coffee ice cubes to the glass. Pour in drink and top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Churro Iced Coffee Recipe
A little trick that I absolutely love to use the cold brew concentrate for is making coffee ice cubes so your iced coffee stays cold but doesn’t get watered down at all. I use a mix of 1 part milk to 1 part concentrate and just freeze it in a standard ice cube tray!
The above-and-beyond piece of this recipe is a quick caramel sauce! I guess you could use store-bought caramel sauce, but the homemade kind is so rich and delicious and you can make it in advance since it needs to chill anyway!
When you are in the mood for a Churro Iced Coffee, add the cold brew concentrate to a blender with some coffee ice cubes, milk, and a spoonful of caramel sauce. Blend it up or you can stir the stuff together and just serve it over ice.
I’m generally not a blended iced coffee fan, but I liked this version a lot because it wasn’t cloyingly sweet.
Either way you make the drink, it’s great topped with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar!
Stay cool, friends!