Chimichurri sauce is one of my favorite toppers for grilled meats and veggies and this rice bowl is the perfect use! Grilled pork tenderloin, sweet corn, fresh tomatoes, and an easy chimichurri sauce that works for both a marinade and a sauce. Love it!
Chimichurri Sauce and Marinade:
- For the chimichurri sauce, combine garlic cloves, shallot, and jalapeno in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop finely. Then add other chimichurri ingredients and pulse until everything is combined into a chunky sauce (the chunks should be very fine). Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Add about 2/3 cup of the chimichurri to your pork loins and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight would be okay, but don’t let them marinate for longer than that. Reserve rest of sauce for serving.
- Grill pork loins over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer which should reach 140 degrees F. in the thickest part of the pork loin.
- You can grill sweet corn at the same time as the pork loin. I just shuck mine and drizzle it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until the corn is charred in spots.
- When pork is done grilling, remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Then slice into coins for serving.
- Meanwhile, cook long grain rice using your favorite method.
- To make bowls, spoon rice in a deep bowl. Add a few pieces of sliced pork loin, a handful of sweet corn, a few halved grape tomatoes, and spoon over some reserved chimichurri sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.