This recipe takes a classic chocolate chip cookie and adds just enough spicy heat to wake up your taste buds!
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to cream together butter and sugars until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and sriracha hot sauce.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter base and mix until the flour disappears. Try not to overmix the dough.
3) Fold in the chocolate chips with a large spatula.
4) At this point you can chill the dough for later if you want or bake them immediately.
5) To bake, portion out heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Give the cookies plenty of room. I like to do 6 per sheet.
6) Bake the cookies at 325 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes until they are lightly browned around the edges. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.