A simple chickpea stir fry with fresh kale, zucchini, and cumin seeds and lots of lemon. I served it over rice or a homemade wheat flat bread (chapati).
Whole Wheat Chapati (From Bittman's How to Cook Everything)
1) Mix flour, chives, and salt together, then add water and bring into a ball. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes. It should be a really sturdy dough.
2) Cover dough and let rest for 30 minutes, then cut into 10 even pieces.
3) Roll out each piece of dough and cook it in a cast iron skillet or any heavy pan with a drizzle of oil over high heat for 15 seconds. Then flip it and cook for another 30 seconds until the bread is slightly charred and puffed. Repeat with all of the pieces.
For Stir fry:
1) Prep all your ingredients. In a large skillet, add a drizzle of oil and add chickpeas. Cook for a few minutes until chickpeas get crispy, then add cumin and cook for another minute. Remove chickpeas.
2) Add zucchini to pan and cook for a minute until it starts to soften. Then add kale and garlic and cook until kale starts to wilt, about 30 seconds.
3) Add chickpeas back in pan and lemon juice. Season with salt and serve immediately with flatbread.