1) For the yogurt sauce, seed your cucumber and then grate it through a box grater into a colander. Add a sprinkle of salt and let the cucumber sit for 10-15 minutes.
2) Dice other yogurt sauce ingredients and combine with cucumber. You could make this in advance.
3) For patties, toast breadcrumbs in a dry pan for five minutes until they are lightly toasted.
4) Whisk together eggs, garam masala, oil, and a pinch of salt.
5) Add your drained chickpeas to a large bowl and mash them with a fork or masher. You could also pulse them lightly in a food processor.
6) Stir the egg mixture and breadcrumbs into the chickpeas and mix well. Also stir in other ingredients (yogurt, scallions, cilantro).
7) Form eight even sized patties with the chickpea mixture.
8) Cook patties in a pan with a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side. They should be nicely browned on each side.
9) Serve the patties with the yogurt sauce.