This pasta mashup has my favorite two pasta sauces mixed together: Mole Sauce and Classic Tomato Sauce! Braised chicken thighs and Bucatini round out the dish. You will want to try this one!
1) Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken and sear for four minutes per side. Remove chicken thighs.
2) Add an extra tablespoon of olive oil along with garlic, cinnamon, coriander, and chili powder. Cook for 30 seconds. Then add tomato sauce, chicken stock, and chocolate chips. Stir to melt chocolate and bring to a slight simmer.
3) Turn heat down to low when barely simmering. Add chicken back to sauce. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4) Cook bucatini in salted water according to directions. The pasta should be al dente.
5) Using tongs, transfer cooked pasta straight from water to skillet with sauce. Toss to coat pasta well with sauce.
6) Divide pasta between plates and top with sliced chicken and garnish with cilantro and queso fresco.