1) Freeze butter. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Chop up all the fresh herbs and mix them in with grated cheese. Grate frozen butter.
3) Mix dry ingredients and butter together to incorporate everything well, then add buttermilk. Using a fork, mix it all together until it forms a ball.
4) Turn out dough ball onto a floured surface and gently roll it or press it into a rough rectangle. This should be about 8 inches by 10 inches. Then cover the right 2/3 of the dough with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Then fold over the left third of the dough to cover the cheese mixture. Finally fold over the left 2/3s of the dough to finish off the folding! So you have three layers of dough and two layers of cheese!
Do this folding process two more times. The easiest way to do it is to rotate the dough 90 degrees, roll it out again to the same sized rectangle, and repeat the whole folding process!
Note: A dough scraper helps lift the dough if it is sticking to the counter.
5) Once you’ve done this whole folding thing three times and all of the cheese mixture is deep in the dough, roll it out one more time and slice it into 2 inch by 2 inch (approximately) rectangles.
6) Transfer them to a lightly greased baking sheet and they are ready for the oven.
7) Bake for only 10 minutes at 500 degrees.
8) Let them cool for 5 minutes before biting into them. You should have enough biscuits to need two baking sheets as you should give them an inch or so in between each biscuit. Bake them one sheet at a time though to make sure they brown nicely!