Savory scones stuffed with grated cheddar and fresh scallions. Easy to make for a brunch or breakfast and guaranteed to impress!
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grate cheese and chop scallion greens.
2) In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cube cold butter and use your fingers to mash it into the flour mixture until it’s in pea-sized pieces. You can also use a pastry cutter, but I just use my hands.
3) Stir in cheddar cheese and scallions and then add in cream. Stir until the dough is in a flakey ball. Knead dough a few times.
4) Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and once dough is in a ball, roll it into a disk about 7-8 inches in diameter. It should be 1/3-1/2 inch thick. Then cut into eighths.
5) Transfer scones to a baking sheet line with parchment paper and brush scones with cream.
6) Bake scones for 20-22 minutes at 425 degrees F until they are flakey and browned on top.
7) Let scones cool briefly before eating.
These scones are best right away but you can heat them for a few minutes in a 350 degree oven.