This spicy way to start the morning is an easy and quick recipe that’ll brighten your day! Cheddar Jalapeno Omelettes! Easy ingredients and delicious flavors!
1 small jalapeno, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 large eggs
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh cilantro, garnish
Avocado, for serving
- Slice jalapeno into thin coins. I like to leave the seeds in but you can cut them out if you are worried about the heat level.
- In a small omelette pan, add olive oil and jalapeno slices. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until jalapenos start to take on some color.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and use a spatula to push cooked eggs to the center, tilting the pan to allow uncooked eggs to flow to the outer parts of the skillet and cook. Continue to do this until the eggs are 90% cooked, about 2-3 minutes of cooking. There will still be a thin layer of uncooked egg on the top. That’s okay.
- Add cheese to half of the omelette and fold over. Turn heat down to low in the skillet and allow to cook for another 30 seconds on each side to melt cheese.
- Serve omelette garnished with cilantro with a side of sliced avocado.