This caprese breakfast sandwich is a great way capitalize on delicious fresh summer tomatoes. Plus, it takes just a few minutes to make!
1) Slice tomato thin and salt the tomato slices lightly with flaky sea salt.
2) Slice fresh mozzarella thin.
3) Toast English muffins while you poach eggs.
4) To poach the eggs, add a few inches of water to a pot and bring it to a light simmer. Add a tablespoon or two of vinegar to the simmering water. Swirl the water slightly and slide in the eggs.
5) Cook eggs for about 2-3 minutes until the whites are firm but they still give a little signifying the yolks are still slightly runny.
6) Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs gently from the simmering water and let them drain on a few paper towels.
7) To make the open-faced sandwiches, top toasted English muffins with thin slices of mozzarella. Then top with sliced tomatoes and a poached egg on each muffin. Top each muffin with some fresh basil, a drizzle of balsamic and olive oil and a sprinkle of coarse salt.