A massive upgrade to the standard Chex Mix recipe with candied bacon! An addictive and delicious snack.
8 ounces bacon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 cups rice chex cereal
3 cups corn chex cereal
1 cup roasted peanuts
2 cups mini pretzels
2 tablespoons reserved bacon grease
1/4 cup cup butter
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lay out bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Then sprinkle pieces with brown sugar and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the sugar is caramelized on the bacon and it is getting crispy. (Don’t use thick cut bacon for this).
- When bacon is browned and caramelized, remove it and let it cool on a plate. It will crisp up as it cooks. Drain off bacon grease and measure out two tablespoons.
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F. Melt butter and stir together with bacon grease, seasoned salt, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl toss together cereals, pretzels, and peanuts and mix well with butter mixture. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake mix for 15 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Chop candied bacon and add to snack mix. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Snack mix is delicious at room temperature, warm, or cool. Store leftovers in fridge for a few days.