Homemade Blueberry Pancakes are stuffed with more blueberries than you would think. These are tangy, fruity, and wonderful!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For streusel, stir together flour, oats, and sugar and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle streusel with melted butter and toss everything to combine.
2) Bake streusel for about 17-20 minutes, stirring a few times as it bakes, until streusel is golden brown and crunchy. Remove, let cool while you make the pancake batter, and crumble.
3) For batter, whisk together dry ingredients for the batter. Separately, whisk together buttermilk, melted and cooled butter, and eggs.
4) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. If the batter is very thick, feel free to add a bit more buttermilk.
5) Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add a small pad of butter to the pan and melt or drizzle with vegetable oil. Once hot and bubbling, add 1/3 cup of pancake batter for each pancake.
6) Dot each pancake with fresh blueberries. Be liberal with them. Cook the pancake for 3-4 minutes until they start to bubble on the surface and firm up around the edges.
7) Flip the pancakes carefully and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side.
Serve the pancakes immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree F. oven while you cook the rest.
Serve the pancakes with lots of streusel and maple syrup.