This broccoli strata is great for breakfast or brunch. Make it up the day before so breakfast is as easy as popping it in the oven.
1) Butter an 8×8 baking dish. Rip up a few slices of bread and measure out two cups of cubed bread. Press the bread into the baking dish.
2) Top the bread with 3/4 of the cheddar cheese, broccoli florets (cut into small pieces) and quartered cherry tomatoes.
3) Whisk together eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour custard mixture over the veggies and bread. Try to distribute it evenly over the baking dish.
4) Top strata with dollops of ricotta cheese, the extra cheddar cheese, parsley, and herbs de provence.
5) Wrap the strata with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking.
6) Bake strata at 350 degrees F. for about an hour until the cheese is melted and custard is set in the center.
Let the strata cool briefly, but serve warm. You can double the recipe for an 9×13 baking dish.