Broccoli Breakfast Casserole with not just the florets but also the stalks! I like to add cheddar cheese, garlic, and perfect egg mixture that puffs up!
1) Cut florets off broccoli stalks into tiny florets. Peel broccoli stalks and grate them with a box grater. Also grate red pepper and cheddar cheese.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter your baking dish and set it aside.
3) In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add broccoli florets and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium-high heat until florets are charred in spots and are bright green, maybe 3-4 minutes.
4) Remove florets from skillet. Add another tablespoon of butter. Turn heat down to medium and add garlic, shredded broccoli stalk, and shredded red pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook until veggies soften, 2-3 minutes.
5) Transfer shredded veggies to the baking dish. Cover with half of the cheddar cheese. Top with broccoli florets and rest of the cheddar cheese.
6) Whisk together milk and eggs. Pour mixture over the casserole so it is evenly distributed.
7) Bake casserole for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. until eggs are puffed and center is set. Let cool briefly and then serve it up!